Make sure all your tools work and are in place by checking the “Guidelines Remote Exams: What to do in case of technical issues”.
Pass Your Remote Exams
General questions about Remote Exams & Proctoring
Prepare for your Remote Exams – Step by Step
- read the guidelines “Remote exams: What to do in case of technical issues?”
- test your Internet connection
- test your microphone and webcam
- check if you can log in to Moodle
- make sure you are registered for your exams
- make sure you know how to take an oral exam using Webex
- take a dummy quiz on Moodle
- make sure you know how to contact your teacher
- make sure you know how to use your Android or iOS phone as a mobile hotspot (in case there are connectivity issues)
Collaborate with Your Classmates
Solve Your IT Issues
Preparation for Exams:
- Read the guidelines “Remote exams: What to do in case of technical issues?”
- I can’t log in to Moodle and/or my University e-mail account!
- I forgot my password!
- How do I get Microsoft Office?
- How do I access the digital library?
- How do I scan documents with my Android device?
- How do I scan documents with my iOS device?
- My Wi-Fi stopped working in the middle of the exam! What do I do?